Legal issues in environmental administrative law are becoming increasingly important from a business compliance perspective. The corpus of environmental administrative laws is extensive, complex, and embedded in international legal regimes, particularly European Union law. The knowledge of the case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union in the field of environmental laws is essential for effectively protecting the rights of all parties and the public concerned.
Our experts are involved in representing clients in preliminary screening procedures, procedures for the granting and amendment of environmental permits (IED installations and activities, Seveso establishments) and environmental consents, procedures for the granting of integrated construction permits, waste management compliance (including cross-border shipping issues), environmental inspection procedures and related administrative disputes.
We regularly work with environmental experts (engineers) in these proceedings to provide our clients an integrated approach to resolving environmental legal issues. In our practice, we have developed deep insight and knowledge of the functioning and administrative practice of national environmental regulators and inspection bodies.
Our services in this area include:
- legal advice on environmental administrative law
- compliance review from the perspective of environmental administrative laws (validity of permits and consents)
- representation before administrative authorities (issuing and amending permits and consents)
- representation before inspection bodies
- representation in administrative environmental disputes before the courts
- legal advice on initiatives to amend regulations.